Below are the current terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are required to be accepted by the webinar attendee at the point when booking onto the webinar. Please note these terms and conditions are only applicable to the CPD webinars being run by CILEx Law School.
Contract/contracting parties: this contract is between the attendee and CILEx Law School (CLS), part of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx). The product, including the associated resources, is not transferable to any other party. The laws of England and Wales shall apply in all respects and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Booking a place: Please note that CPD webinars are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that there is a limited number of places at each webinar event, these will be allocated in order of the receipt of bookings.
Payment: Payment for this event is made via the Online Portal.
- Cancellation more than one week before the webinar: if you cancel your booking more than one week before the date of the CPD webinar your booking fee will be refunded, less an administration charge of £20 plus VAT.
- Cancellation less than one week before the webinar: if you cancel your webinar booking one week or less before the date of the webinar no refund will be given for any element of the fee.
- Refund of the CPD Update fee: since the CPD Update is included in the cost of the CPD webinar, the individual purchase price (£25.00 + VAT) of the CPD Update will be retained if access has already been given to this.
- Cancellation by CLS: CLS reserves the right to cancel webinars without prior notice such as, for example, if there are not viable booking numbers. In such circumstances a refund or alternative date will be offered.
- Disruption: where the provision of our products and services is disrupted, or where we are unable to deliver our products and services as originally intended, due to unforeseen circumstances reasonably beyond our control, we will endeavour where possible, but cannot guarantee, to put in place alternative arrangements. Unforeseen circumstances include, but are not limited to, acts of God, strikes, war or acts of terrorism, equipment, transport or transmission failure or damage reasonably beyond our control, or epidemic and/or pandemic or other causes reasonably beyond our control.
- Production quality: Every effort is made to deliver a high-quality webinar production. Should there be any significant interference or IT issues or failure affecting the delivery of the webinar, CLS will endeavour to re-produce the webinar as soon as practicable at no additional cost to the attendee.
All cancellations must be sent by e-mail to the Academic Manager at CILEx Law School at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be paid only to the person or organisation paying the fees initially, within 21 days of written notice of cancellation.
Copyright: Copyright of all CPD materials, including the webinar, presentation and CPD Update, remains that of CLS, part of CILEx. Any unauthorised reproduction or transmission of any part of the materials, whether electronically or otherwise, will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of the materials may be lent, resold or hired out for any purpose without the prior written permission of CILEx Law School.
Answers to questions in the webinar: You will be able to put questions to the presenter in the webinar via the chat function in Microsoft Teams. Every effort will be made to answer these questions during the session, although we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered.
Exclusion of liability: The CPD Update document, the presentation, advice or information given within the webinar, including answers to questions during the webinar, do not constitute legal advice and are intended to be for informational or educational purposes only. Please note that CLS will not be liable for any inaccurate or misleading information or advice given by a presenter.
Recording of webinars and Safeguarding and Prevent: Please note we will record all webinars to assist you if you cannot attend or if you wish to re-watch the webinar. Messages to the presenter or messages to everyone in the group will not be visible in the recording. You can also choose what to call yourself as a participant prior to joining the webinar. Please note that names that are displayed in the participant list will not appear in the recording. On occasion, a recording may not be available due to technical issues. You will only be permitted to make audio/visual recordings during a webinar with the prior written consent of CILEx Law School. Such consent will only be given in exceptional circumstances and restrictions will be imposed on the use to which the recording can be put.
The processing of personal data: The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the governing body for Chartered Legal Executives, paralegals and other legal professionals. CILEx as a professional association provides professional development, support and guidance to its members. It delivers legal education and training through CILEx Law School, qualifications through its Awarding Body function and independent regulation through CILEx Regulation. CILEx takes your privacy and your rights to your personal data extremely seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data obtained about individuals. Data is held in compliance with data protection legislation and will be collected and used only for the purposes for which it was originally submitted. For more information about how we collect and use your data, please take a look at our Privacy Statement, which can be found on our website. If you have any further questions on this regard, please contact: The Group Privacy Officer, The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, Kempston Manor, Kempston, Bedford MK42 7AB. Email: email@example.com
Access to the webinar and materials: The webinar recording and CPD Update document will be available for 30 calendar days following the date from which the webinar is delivered and, subsequently, uploaded for access/viewing.
Technical/equipment requirements: You will need to meet the following requirements:
- Access to Microsoft Teams
- Internet access
- Email address
Feedback and complaints:
Your feedback from the event is welcomed. A feedback survey will be circulated to all attendees after the event. However, please feel free to get in touch with us (through the academic inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know what you have enjoyed about the webinar or if there is anything you are concerned about. We will do our best to act on all feedback we receive and use this to maintain a high standard of service.