CILEx Law School has been shortlisted for the Legal Education Provider of the Year in the Solicitors Journal Legal Awards: Recognising Brilliance in a Changing Legal World.
The judges’ comments on our nomination were: “It would be impossible to have a shortlist without CILEx Law School; their commitment to opening up the route to the profession via apprenticeships and their own qualification made for impressive reading.”
Our nomination was based on two strands of business:
• delivering legal apprenticeships
• delivering paralegal training in the context of client ‘academy’ programmes.
During 2015, we delivered legal apprenticeship training to over 200 young people in client organisations. Having previously operated as a distance learning college, over the past 18 months we have recruited a national network of assessors to deliver these new programmes into the sector.
We also work with clients to design and deliver paralegal training in the context of in-house ‘academy’ programmes. These schemes use CILEx qualifications to train young recruits and existing staff in the area of legal practice relevant to their business.
In both the apprenticeship and the academy initiatives, formal training and qualifications at paralegal level act as a springboard to further training as a Chartered Legal Executive or solicitor for those who show aptitude.
Both of these initiatives provide local young people with an opportunity to enter the legal sector through non-graduate routes.
The following links illustrate the work we have done in these areas during 2015:
•BBC Commercial Rights & Business Affairs department launches in-house training scheme for CILEx courses
• CILEx Law School client Addleshaw Goddard picks up two accolades at the annual CILEx award ceremony
• CILEx Law School’s legal apprenticeship students deliver great results
• In-house academy students deliver stellar exam performance
• Nine staff at Trowers & Hamlins enrolled with CILEx Law School through new in-house academy
• BBC extending legal apprenticeship programme in 2016
• Creating an in-house CILEx academy
For further information contact Morag Hiskett, Marketing Manager, CILEx Law School on 01234 844328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.