CILEx Law School (CLS) is committed to respecting the personal data you supply to us. In order to deliver your course, we will need to use your data to:
- Hold the information you have supplied on the joint management information system used by the CILEx Group (CILEx Professional Association, CILEx Regulation, CILEx Group Services and CLS) to be used only for the purposes of processing your application and administering your course.
- Provide your name, address, date of birth, course details and your progress to CILEx as the warding body for these qualifications for the purposes of registering you on your selected qualification and awarding you the Certificate.
- Provide your name, address and date of birth to the Learner Registration Service (LRS) for the purpose of issuing or verifying your Unique Learner Number. The LRC privacy notice is available for review on our website.
- Share your data with your employer, where they have paid for your course fees.
In addition, CLS works with a number of third parties in order to meet our contractual, legal and statutory obligations. By submitting this application, you agree that CLS can share your data with the following:
- our print contractor in order to dispatch your course materials,
- our virtual learning environment, which we refer to as the Student Area (SA), so you can access and use the functionality of the Student Area. Your name may be displayed to other students enrolled on the same course on the online SA and will be displayed to other students enrolled with CLS if you post on any of the online Forums. CLS staff will have access to data on your SA usage and activities
- the email software and survey tool providers we use to issue mass communications, including surveys.
Data protection legislation gives you a number of rights relating to the use of your data. Please refer to our Data Protection and Privacy policies
, which can be found on our website, for further information and contact details should you have any questions or concerns.