- Pathway Specialist – Family Law (Part Time)
- FTE £29,750 – £33,660
- Remote working
At CILEx, our purpose is to enable people to follow their dream of becoming a legal professional regardless of the barriers that society and the traditional educational system puts before them.
We are looking to recruit Pathway Specialists to teach, mentor and support our students on a specialist legal pathway across CILEx Law School (CLS) Programmes. As a member of our friendly and supportive Law School team, you will be delivering online group teaching sessions in your designated areas of specialism, checking and supporting students’ formative work and preparing them for their final assessments.
You will be based at home, with the requirement to attend occasional meetings. A driver’s licence valid in the UK, vehicle and reliable internet connection are essential.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic and inspirational individuals who share our passion for helping students achieve. Our Pathway Specialists play a key role in our students’ journey, helping them develop the skills they need to succeed in a career in law. You will therefore have significant experience in practice; prior teaching experience is preferable, but we will consider those without a formal teaching background who can demonstrate an aptitude for the role. You will need to be proactive, a great motivator and an effective decision maker.
Your role will require you to:
- Help students identify their development needs
- Deliver engaging online teaching sessions with an emphasis on the development of practical skills
- Provide constructive feedback on formative work and support students in their preparation for a range of final assessments, including traditional exams, interviews and portfolio assessment
- Keep track of your students’ progress, helping them set and maintain targets
- Understand barriers to progression and help support students to overcome these
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of CILEx Law School teaching and resources
Who we are
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the professional and representative association for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers, and other legal practitioners and paralegals. CILEx Law School is the legal training arm of CILEx. With over 35 years’ experience in distance learning, and a leading role in the delivery of legal apprenticeships since their introduction, we pride ourselves in delivering high quality, flexible and accessible training for the legal sector.
What we can offer
- Remote Working (with an expectation to attend meetings where required following social distancing guidelines)
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- A Health & Wellbeing focus
- Access to our training and development Learning Hub
How to Apply
To find out more information about the role, please download the Job description.
To apply, please download The following and send completed along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Application Closing date: 11 November 2020
Interview date: 19 November 2020