Looking to build a career in the Law? Concerned about the cost of going to university? Look no further – an apprenticeship is the ideal solution for you.
What is an apprenticeship?
In short, an apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity that allows you to earn while you learn.
Apprenticeships seamlessly blend on-the-job learning, allowing you to develop hands-on skills working alongside experienced colleagues with off-the-job learning through relevant study programmes.
As an employee you’ll not only receive a salary but also enjoy perks like holiday pay and a pension – all at no cost to you. Your employer and the government cover the funding, making it a cost-free investment in your professional future.
The three stages of an apprenticeship
- On-programme learning (OPL) – this is the combination of the learning you’ll do on the job and through the additional study course.
- Gateway – once you’ve completed the OPL and required study, and your employer and training provider consider you ready, they will sign you off as ready to sit your assessment.
- End Point Assessment (EPA) – this is the final part of your apprenticeship, where you’ll be formally assessed against the required learning outcomes, knowledge, skills and behaviours specific to your apprenticeship.
An apprenticeship is a collaborative relationship, between you, your employer, your training provider and the End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO).
Why choose an apprenticeship?
- Earn while you learn: start earning a salary from day one .
- Fast-track your career: gain work experience at the same time as studying, giving you a head start in your career .
- Gain real-world experience: practical on-the-job training helps build the confidence and commercial skills you need to succeed in law .
- No debt from studying: your training is paid for by the employer and the government .
Why train with CILEX Law School?
As an integral part of CILEX, our mission revolves around providing accessible pathways into the field of law and apprenticeships are at the heart of this.
Embarking on your legal journey with CILEX Law School comes with a number of benefits:
- Study with the experts: choose the specialist legal apprenticeship provider with experienced staff dedicated to guiding you through the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
- Be confident of success: our achievement rates are significantly above the national average, ensuring you embark on your professional journey with assurance.
- Practical training: based on real life scenarios and interactive online workshops, that you can start applying in your job from day one.
- Clear progression: our programmes are designed for clear and gradual progression, allowing you to increase responsibilities at a pace that aligns with your growth in your role.
- Be the future of law: in choosing us, you become part of a legal profession striving to be representative of the society it serves, positioning you as a key player in shaping the future of law.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
We offer three apprenticeships with clear progression, from junior roles in the legal profession through to qualified lawyer status.
Am I eligible to apply?
Apprentices must be over 16 years old and live in England. You’ll need to be employed in a relevant job role and so you will need the support of your employer. Whilst apprenticeships are open to both new and existing staff, government funding rules mean that all apprentices must require the development of significant new knowledge, skills and behaviours in their role.
CILEX Law School entry requirements vary by programme and so please contact us for further information. Individual employers may also have their own requirements so please check each vacancy you are interested in.
Get in touch
If you have a question about apprenticeships or would like to discuss your learning needs with us, please get in touch.