You will be immersed in law from the start – honing your skills in a legal environment and embarking on your academic studies.
You will study the following modules as part of your programme:
- Legal systems
- Client Care skills
- Legal Research skills
- Law and practice relevant to your role
- Alongside your formal study, you will develop your workplace skills, building an e-portfolio to demonstrate what you can do.
- You will study during office hours and be supported throughout by our specialist delivery team
You will be assessed in the final months of your apprenticeship to ensure that you have met all standards. The final assessment will consist of:
- An interview supported by your portfolio of evidence
- Two times online assessments testing your knowledge and practical application of the law
- Contribute to a positive and enthusiastic team environment
- Work with experienced colleagues to build and process client files
- Confidentially preparing and word-processing documents and spreadsheets
- Communicating effectively and confidentially with clients and client data
- Accurately recording and filing information
- Using the telephone effectively and professionally in contacting clients and colleagues
- Quickly and effectively dealing with correspondence
Your day-to-day tasks might include:
- Working with fee earners, including contact with clients and others involved in the transactions
- Making and receiving telephone calls so as to provide updates of information to relevant parties as required
- Preparing and processing correspondence and documents through word processing
- Assisting with the preparation and collation of correspondence and property reports
- Ensuring that an effective filing system is maintained
- Assisting in the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
Following completion of the Paralegal Apprenticeship you can progress to the CILEX Professional Qualification.
As with any job, the first step in obtaining an apprenticeship is to apply for an available role. Alternatively, you can approach your chosen organisation, or current employer, and ask whether they might be interested in taking you on as an apprentice. Please direct them to CILEx Law School for further information or before starting as they’ll need to complete some administrative formalities.